Lately , my mind has been reflecting on time. The hour-glass of life is emptying way too fast.
“What have I done with my life?” “What should I do with the time left?” It is easy to get depressed looking around at successful people and feel inadequate. “Do I contribute enough?”
I don’t have all the answers, but perhaps success is overrated. There
are many “successful” people who are ruthless and mean. I don’t want that for myself. I don’t have all the meaning of life answers, but I do know what is right for me. In the time I have left, as my hourglass empties, I will……
1) Embrace and spend time with the people I love and who love me
2) Limit time with people who are negative or bring me down
3) Accept others for who they are and their choices, make no judgements
4) Find the good in all people and situations
5) Play and Laugh, have as much fun as possible
6) Share my talents, time and resources with others – practice kindness whenever I can
7) Keep learning! Explore, question, investigate, travel, try new things – never stop learning
8) Practice Daily Gratitude for all I have, big and small, so much wonderful things in my life
9) Acknowledge and validate, not enough people give others complements or simply say “You are important to me, thanks for being you”
So there it is, none of us knows when their hourglass will be empty but I have a plan for the time that is left. No great inventions, books or businesses, just an open mind, open heart, fun and authenticity.